Our logisticians facilitate the development and integration of the individual logistic support elements: maintenance planning; supply support; support & test equipment; manpower & personnel; training & training support; technical data; computer resources support; facilities packaging, handling, storage & transportation; and design interface to specify, develop, and acquire field and support systems. These elements are coordinated with our systems engineering, technical and training personnel to provide not only a comprehensive design and development phase, but a successful Life Cycle where initial objectives and requirements for the system are realized and reliable.
Our capabilities include:
- Identifying tradeoffs as required between elements to acquire a system that is affordable, operable, supportable, sustainable, transportable, and environmentally sound within the resources available.
- Developing logistics documentation in support of the maintenance philosophy and acquisition strategy.
- Reviewing reliability studies to determine components’ life expectancy and providing input based on findings to technology refresh plans.
- Knowing logistics management principles, concepts, policies, regulations, and common support programs.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of Life Cycle Support requirements. Our logisticians have completed DAWIA logistics coursework through the Defense Acquisition University (DAU).